The Mission of the Division of Broadcasting
Illinois Public Media
Mission: Enriching lives through the power of public media.
Vision: Dynamic, thriving communities informed and inspired by public media.Values: WILL believes it should:
- stimulate minds and inspire lifelong learning.
- provide a public forum for the diversity of voices and opinions essential to a healthy democracy.
- provide programming based on quality content, respecting the intelligence of our audience.
- explore issues of importance to the communities we serve.
- be a trusted media organization, accountable and responsive to our constituents.
- present a continuous stage for performing arts programs, assuring the arts a place in our daily lives.
Mission: To inform and engage people in Illinois through high-quality journalism.Guiding Principles:
- We are committed to accurate and fair reporting that highlights injustices, holds power to account, and seeks solutions to societal problems.
- We cover stories that reflect our community and highlight voices that are too often left out.
- We take pride in high production values and editorial quality and embrace new ways to meet audiences.
- We build audience relationships that foster understanding, trust and loyalty.
- We are a service of the University of Illinois but are editorially independent.